Energy costs, like everything else, are rising. It can feel unavoidable, paying for electricity regardless of the cost, because we use electricity for just about everything in our lives. There actually choice, however, and many homeowners are looking for renewable energy sources. Solar is gaining popularity, because it can help lower energy costs while reducing your home’s environmental impact. Of course, to harness the power of the sun for your home, you’ll need to install a solar panel system. Now more than ever, this is an important and beneficial decision. Why is it so important? What are the benefits of a residential solar system?
- Using solar energy can reduce or even eliminate your energy costs. When you install a solar energy system, you immediately begin to generate power for your home. Even on cloudy days, the solar panels continue to pull energy from the sun. You may be able to supply enough energy to completely power your home, with no help from the utility company. If you’re on a grid-connected system, you will be able to draw power when your system is not producing enough power. You may also be able to participate in net metering, which means you’ll get credits back on your energy bill when your system produces excess energy.
- Solar energy is clean and reliable. Rather than relying on non-renewable energy sources like coal, natural gas, and oil, you’ll be powering your home with the unlimited, reliable energy of the sun. As long as the sun continues to shine, you’ll never lack for a source of electricity.
- The cost of solar power is offset by rebates and incentives. Even though the prices of solar installation has come down in recent years, the upfront cost can still seem off-putting. However, there are so many tax credits, rebates, and other incentives available that you may be surprised at how affordable your system could end up being.
- Solar power is better for the environment. While power sources like coal, oil, and natural gas cause pollution and greenhouse gases, solar power is clean, renewable energy. Powering your home with solar helps contribute to a cleaner atmosphere, and because solar power is renewable and infinite, it can continue to provide eco-friendly power essentially forever.
- The savings from solar begin as soon as you install your system. Because solar power immediately reduces your energy costs, it starts paying for itself the minute it’s installed. The longer you have your system, the more money you save. Solar panel systems typically have impressive warranties, too, some as long as 25 years.
- A solar energy system can increase the value of your home. When you have a solar energy system in place, your home will be energy efficient and more appealing to potential buyers. What’s more, solar panels protect your roof from the elements, so the roof lasts longer.
Deciding to go solar is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make, so it’s vital that you find a reliable company to install your solar panels. If you’re looking for a solar energy installer with a stellar reputation and quick turnaround, contact Sunlogix Energy. A leading full-service solar solution at the forefront of creating a sustainable planet, powered by the sun, we’ve been voted the Best Solar Company in the Desert by the Coachella community 2 years running. We offer commercial and residential solar, always striving to provide full customer satisfaction by offering premium products and professional solar installation at an exceptional value. Focused on using renewable energy to create a cleaner earth, we customize solar solutions for our clients, as well as educating them on the long-term and immediate benefits provided by solar power. Call 888-844-3808 for more information or visit our website to request a free estimate today!