Solar energy is a fast-growing and resilient industry in the United States and around the world. Despite supply chain issues and other problems caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the use of solar has continued to rise, and there’s no reason to believe it’s going to slow any time soon. Let’s take a look at some of the solar trends projected for 2022 and beyond.
- With solar tax credits extended through the end of 2022, many businesses and homeowners will embrace solar power installation. Solar tax credits were first introduced in 2006, creating a boom in the industry. Fear that these credits would expire in 2016 made that year the peak year for solar installation in the United States so far. These credits are to expire at the end of the year, which means that there may be another boom as people rush to take advantage of them. There is also the chance, of course, that the tax benefits will be extended further. If they are, it’s likely that residential solar installation will continue to rise.
- Solar technology is improving and will continue to do so. Solar panels are becoming more efficient, with a lighter weight, sleeker appearance, thinner profile, and the ability to produce more electricity in a limited space. Solar shingles are becoming more widely available, as well, and liquid solar panels are being developed. Solar inverters are becoming more advanced, and solar batteries continue to improve.
- The cost of solar power will continue to decline. It’s estimated that more than 96 percent of new energy generation capacity in 2022 will come from renewable sources like solar and wind. Renewable energy is already attractive to buyers, and as it becomes more economical it will be even more appealing. Between 2013 and 2017, solar construction costs fell by 37 percent, and they’re continuing to fall.
- More applications for solar power will gain ground. Solar-powered generators, smartphone chargers, sensor lights, streetlights, and other varied uses for solar are becoming not just more widespread but also more affordable. One use for solar that’s increasing in popularity is solar-powered electric vehicle charging stations.
- Demand will increase for solar panel installation and maintenance. As people become more concerned about climate change and more invested in clean energy, the need for solar services will increase. The current labor shortage has created some logistical concerns in the industry, and some companies are not installing solar panels as quickly as customers require.
If you’re looking for a solar energy installer with a stellar reputation and quick turnaround, contact Sunlogix Energy. A leading full-service solar solution at the forefront of creating a sustainable planet, powered by the sun, we’ve been voted the Best Solar Company in the Desert by the Coachella community for 2 years running. We offer residential and commercial solar, always striving to provide full customer satisfaction by offering premium products and professional installation at an exceptional value. Focused on using renewable energy to create a cleaner earth, we customize solar solutions for our clients, as well as educate them on the long-term and immediate benefits provided by solar power. Call 888-844-3808 for more information or visit our website to request a free estimate today!