Coachella Valley Solar Experts Offer Tips to Save This Holiday Season
Holiday preparation and celebration change the way we use energy. Lights stay lit a little longer, holiday décor draws additional energy, and holiday parties mean more cooking and dishes. Luckily, there are ways to use electricity more efficiently and reduce your draw on the grid or your solar energy system.
When you want to reduce your electric costs and save money, solar panels offer renewable energy and savings, so you won’t have to worry about holiday electric costs adding to your bills. The Coachella Valley solar experts at Sun Logix can help you save on energy costs with solar, so you can spend money how you want to this holiday season.
Tips to Reduce Holiday Décor Energy Usage
- Switch to LED lights. These will glow brighter and crisper and will last up to 10 times longer than traditional incandescent lights. LED lights are safer and less expensive to run for all of your holiday décor.
- Set a timer for your lights. Turning lights off just a while after your regular bedtime rather than running them all night can save energy and money. Set them to turn on at dusk and run until you’re ready to go to sleep for optimal enjoyment.
- Change ambient lighting habits. Why run holiday lights and regular lights when you don’t have to? Turn off unneeded ambient lighting in your home and on your porch when you can enjoy the glow of holiday lights inside and out and use less energy.
Tips to Reduce Your Utility Bills During the Holidays
- Utilize your fireplace. If your home has a fireplace, enjoy the warmth of a fire rather than turning on your HVAC system. Use less energy by heating your home the old-fashioned way.
- Cook efficiently. Save oven heat using the oven light rather than opening the oven to check on your food. Multitask by prepping food while one thing is cooking so it is ready to go in along with or after the food in the oven.
- Reduce lighting. Turn off kitchen lights when things are baking, and you are not in the kitchen to help conserve energy.
- Unplug unused electronics. When appliances and media are not in use, unplug them to reduce energy drip. Use power strips to reduce the draw of holiday décor when it is off during sunlight hours.
- Consider solar. Much of your outdoor holiday décor can be powered by solar when you utilize a mini solar system with battery storage. Look for solar-powered lights and décor that will work with your holiday decorating ideas.
Power Your Coachella Valley Home with Solar this Holiday Season
Residential solar energy systems give you the ability to use energy the way you want to, with battery storage for nighttime use- perfect for the holidays! Let the Coachella Valley residential solar experts at Sun Logix help you discover how solar can change how you use energy. We can work with your budget and determine your energy needs to build the ideal solar energy system for your Coachella Valley home.
Contact Sun Logix today to speak with our Coachella Valley residential solar installers and learn more about energy efficiency at home!