Are you considering solar panels for your home? Making the transition to solar is a smart move, but it also requires significant investment. You’ll want to know that you’ve researched solar panel companies and chosen the from among the very best when making your decision. Here, we help you narrow down your options for residential solar, with our picks for the top solar panel brands of 2022.
- Silfab: This brand offers premium quality panels at affordable prices. With a wide variety of efficient PERC monocrystalline panels backed by one of the longest extended performance warranties available, it falls just below premium products in pricing. Silfab has a 12 year product warranty that can be extended to 25 years, but to get the extended warranty you must use a Silfab-certified installer.
- SunPower: Both the product and the performance warranties for SunPower are 25 year warranties. While the panels have a high price point, they’re also among the best high-efficiency solar panels available. Investing in such high-quality solar panels can mean major savings in the long run. If you’re looking for the best panels on the market, consider SunPower, being aware that availability is limited to approved installers.
- Panasonic: Panasonic is a respected brand, which is why these panels are among the most expensive panels available. They perform well, even in hot climates, and the company guarantees a 92 percent output for 25 years, along with a 25 year product warranty. A word of caution: Panasonic has begun outsourcing panel manufacturing, and this could lead to lower quality.
- LG: With powerful, compact panels, LG is a great option for complicated roof designs or buildings with limited roof space. What’s more, the panels generate ample power, even if you don’t install a large number of them. One of the most well-known tech manufacturers in the world, LG provides 25 year product and performance warranties, but the panels are very expensive.
- Q Cells from Hanwha: Q Cells are backed by 25 year product and performance warranties and have an efficiency of 20.6 to 21.4 percent. With a balance of solid performance, high efficiency, and affordable prices, this brand is a good option for homeowners trying to stick to a budget.
So, how do you choose the best solar panels for your home? First, look for panels with the best efficiency in your price range. If you choose efficient solar panels, they’ll be better able to absorb sunlight and convert it to energy, which means you’ll need fewer panels to power the house. You’ll want to choose panels with a good warranty, to protect your investment. Make sure the panels you’re buying are durable enough to stand up to the elements, and be aware that going for lower-priced panels when you install your system could mean higher costs on solar in the long run. Buying high efficiency panels will reduce the number of panels you need for your home. Talk to your installer about your house and the best panels to meet your energy needs.
If you’re looking for a solar energy installer with a stellar reputation and quick turnaround, contact Sunlogix Energy. A leading full-service solar solution at the forefront of creating a sustainable planet, powered by the sun, we’ve been voted the Best Solar Company in the Desert by the Coachella community 2 years running. We offer residential and commercial solar, always striving to provide full customer satisfaction by offering premium products and professional solar panel installation at an exceptional value. Focused on using renewable energy to create a cleaner earth, we customize solar solutions for our clients, as well as educating them on the long-term and immediate benefits provided by solar power. Call 888-844-3808 for more information or visit our website to request a free estimate today!